Monday, December 28, 2015

Nature's Calling---Will You Answer?

December 23, 2015

Hello!

Lately I've been reflecting over the fact that nature is such a free therapy. Its understandable with Christmas time, winter break, school, busy schedules that no one can truly spend hours in nature. But it helps, it allows you to calm down your mind--slow down everything. We are so accustomed to a fast-pace life especially in the 21st century. But I truly believe that everyone needs to spend a little one-on-one time with yourself.

Personally, nature is the perfect way I can have my me time. It allows me tor reflect on my life, what's going on and how I feel about everything. It's my own little diary and stress reliever. Nature for me gives me the opportunity to exercise, reflect, spend some time alone, take pictures and appreciate the natural earth. I highly recommend it! Here's my advice:

1. Set a time to go outside

If you have a crazy schedule like me, then you need to set a time to go outside. Find a day where you usually have free time (I'm usually free Sundays) or a day where you can squeeze it in. Even if it's for five minutes, it counts!

2. Put your cellphone on DO NOT DISTURB

This is so important. Me time is time where you get to reconnect with yourself. It's so easy to be so involved with everyone's life. What's new, what's cool and so easy to forget your own values. Don't ever forget the values, principles that you believe in. Don't let society make you lose sight of who you are. You're values, principles, interests and passions are all of what makes you who you are.


Inhale and Exhale. When you're done, whatever's on your mind--whatever's been bothering you---it'll be gone. When you're out there, focus, reflect and let it go. Make a decision, choose to use your time more effectively and continue to allow nature's natural fresh air clear your mind and bring you back to your roots. It works. I am a firm believer in the fact it works. You just have to have an open mind. Comment below what's your favorite thing to do! How do you spend your me-time? If you tried going outside, let me know how it goes!

XOXO

    


No comments:

Post a Comment